Friday, February 26, 2016

Character Design and Creation: Arm Project

This month I had to build an arm for my Character Design and Creation class. I am still getting the hang of using ZBrush so this is not one of my best builds but for being one of the first done in ZBrush I am actually rather proud of it. Ons of the things that I really take from this assignment is to not be afraid to just get in there and start playing with the tools. As my awesome instructor told us "If you make a mistake just hit undo and do it over again." So working in the digital medium is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Something else I have to take away from this assignment is that since it forced us to use Photoshop as well I am less bothered by that program than I was a few months ago. 
If I were to go back and redo this assignment one of the things that I would have to do with this project would be to just quit second guessing myself and just get in there and do it. And I would just reassure myself that mistakes are okay and they are part of learning. 

As you can see in the screen shots below... fingers are not my friends... but the rest of the arm looks great.




No comments:

Post a Comment